This training meets the first of two requirements in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1030. The second requirement under the BBP standard is the Hepatitis B vaccination.
This training covers the following:
- Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Exposure Determination in the UNC lab
- General Risks and Transmission
- Responding to an Incident in Your Lab
- Preventing Incidents at UNC-CH
The training should take about 30 minutes to complete. It is an OSHA requirement that your department allow you to set aside this time during normal work hours,
After Completion: Remember that you must take and pass the post test in order to receive credit for this training. Onyen or PID required.
Take the Post Test